ONDO STATE CHAPTER OF THE LABOUR PARTY DEBUNKS ALLEGED MASS DEFECTION OF MEMBERS
The Ondo State Chapter of the Labour Party has dismissed with a wave of hand the alleged mass defection and possible merger of its members with another political party, describing it as a lie from the pit of hell.
In a press release signed by the Ondo State Chapter Chairman of the Labour party, Chief (Mrs.) Remilekun Ojo, and made available to the media, she described those peddling the fake news as mischievous.
The statement reads,
“The attention of the Labour Party of Nigeria, especially the Ondo State Chapter has been drawn to a purported meeting/defection held at Adegbemile hall, Akure, today Monday 13th February 2023 at noon.
The meeting attended by about a few dozen people alledged that the entire Southwest Labour Party has merged with the All Progressives Congress (APC) with effect from today. As expected, the meeting was chaired by an expelled Labour Party member, Mr. Banji Omotoso, who was the then caretaker state chairman in Ekiti state from 2017 to 2019.
The Ondo State Labour Party under the leadership of our able chairman Chief (Mrs.) Remilekun Ojo make bold to state as follows;
1. That the labour party of Nigeria in the Southwest and entire Nigeria remains one and indivisible .
2. That the entire Labour Party of Nigeria has not at anytime and will under no circumstances ever think of merging with any other Party, not even the All Progressives Congress (APC) that has brought untold hardships and surffering to the entire nation.
3. That the so-called Southwest coodinator Mr. Banji Omotoso was an expelled member of the party, who since January 2020 has ceased to have anything whatsoever to do with our great Party.
4. That the said Mr. Banji Omotoso was expelled for gross malfeasance and anti-party activities. Therefore he has no authority from any quarters to speak for or on behalf of the Labour Party in Ondo State.
5. That we strongly make it clear to the general public and well-meaning long-suffering citizens of Nigeria to disregard any information from the said Mr. Banji Omotoso who has since ceased to be our member”.